Why to choose diversification of vendors strategy?
Are you perfectly happy with your vendor/supplier? But did you ever think of a problem that our many clients used to meet - working with a single key vendor is a very risky cause of absolute dependence. Diversification is the most important component of reaching long-range project goals while minimizing risk.
What are the risks of working with a single vendor/supplier?
• uncontrolled increase of rates and dictation of unfavorable conditions from the vendor
• vendor employees feeling relaxed and you get lost of quality due to lack of competition
• the risk of concentration of all project knowledge only in vendor hands
• lack of flexibility in expanding or changing of the team due to the limited capabilities of the vendor
We are successfully participating along with global vendors in several international large projects (for World TOP-10 SAP Clients: A.S.Watson, GE Healthcare and etc.) as a part of the diversification model.
Case: The patterns and trends we see with many big companies are pretty much the same:
In the beginning, they 100% dependant on the vendor(s). Then they hire and build their own technical leadership team and take technical governance of the delivery process.
In large delivery teams (90-120 FTEs) the overall performance depends on the performance of an average engineer. But the vendor/supplier, which provided you with 50 engineers already gave you the best ones - he physically can’t give you more engineers of the same caliber.
All you can do is to take really great engineers from the other reliable vendor/supplier. Our parents said, “Don't put all your eggs in one basket”.
Diversification and competition, parallel work with several professional and reliable companies minimize these risks and dependence on one supplier.
Why do clients choose us for diversification of their vendors/suppliers and risks?
• Expert Soft - boutique highly specialized e-commerce software delivery company (SAP Hybris Commerce, SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud (a part of C4HANA Suite), Oracle Commerce (ATG), Oracle Commerce Cloud) and open Java stack;
• 10+ years of experience in working with global electronic commercial projects of clients such as GE, A.S. Watson, Deutsche Post, National Pen, ...
• Quick implementation of changes to e-commerce projects (we can perform certain changes even within 24hrs);
• Dedicated professional team (BA, certified top front- & back-end devs, QA, UI designer) led by dedicated experienced PMs;
• Constant friendly communication with the client's employees and team, ensuring rapid and qualitative introduction of changes to the site;
• Modern, effective and well-functioning project management processes (Agile, Scrum, Kanban).
Contact me to find out how we help our clients to solve all their project problems and needs quickly and efficiently.